The Helm Management Co. has an immediate opening for a full-time maintenance technician/handyman who will be responsible for general maintenance in a variety of commercial and residential properties in San Diego County.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reading assigned work orders, scheduling appointments with residents for evaluation and completion of work.
• Regular facility inspections to identify repairs or improvements needed.
• Standard plumbing required such as clearing toilets and drains, repair or replace toilets, sinks, faucets, valves and gaskets.
• Minor electrical such as installation, maintenance and repair of outlets, switches, receptacles, fuses and conduits. Repair or install wiring, lights fans, and ballasts.
• Troubleshoot, repair or replace household appliances such as washer, dryer, range, and refrigerator.
• Inspect, clean and make adjustments to HVAC systems as necessary. Replace air filters monthly or sooner if needed.
• Carpentry work includes installation of doors, door locks and knobs, hinges, window screens. Patch and repair drywall and plastering. Prep and paint interiors and exteriors. Some flooring installation.
• Perform general grounds maintenance duties including property cleanliness, trimming, trash and junk removal to dump.
Candidate must be able to:
• Work full-time with an occasional calls on weekends or evenings.
• Follow oral and written instructions in English.
• Communicate with resident and property managers about job status/completion.
• Stay organized, self-motivated and adaptable.
• Maintain friendly and effective relationship with staff and residents.
• Physically be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
• Proficient in using standard hand tools and power tools.
• Respond quickly in the event of an emergency and follow safety protocol.
• Work independently or with additional technicians.
Minimum 18 years of age with a high school diploma/GED. Current driver’s license, insured vehicle, and clean driving record.
Possess an inventory of tools to use for completing work orders. Must provide three professional references.
Compensation to be determined by experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Position open until filled. For consideration of employment please submit a cover letter and resume to Braden Hensley (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Job ID: MAINT120519 in the subject line